Chewing sugarless gum can help your oral health stay in favorable condition. In fact, chewing sugar-free gum can fight against cavities when used between mealtimes. Many people do not know the benefits to chewing sugar-free gum, which is why our dental team is happy to talk to you about the many advantages.
Our dentist, Dr. Jesse Taylor, understands the essentials to your oral health care. Furthermore, our team at The Mount Pleasant Dentist in Mount Pleasant, Texas, is happy to help you in any way we can.
Here are some known benefits to chewing sugarless gum to help your oral health care:
– Sugar-free gum has been proven to prevent cavities and lower your plaque when chewed for about twenty minutes after a meal.
– It is significant to remember to avoid sugars in gum because the sugar is harmful to your teeth.
– Chewing sugarless gum encourages saliva flow, which neutralizes acids in your body and bacteria in your mouth naturally and efficiently.
– Heartburn can also be helped because it can help counteract the acids in your body.
– Sugarless gum is never a substitute for brushing or flossing your teeth every day. It is most efficient between meals to help keep your bacteria clear from your mouth.
If you apply chewing sugarless gum to your daily life, you can be helping your teeth stay healthy between mealtimes. Remember, chewing sugarless gum is an aid to your oral health, not the only step to keeping it in healthy shape. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to make an appointment for a dental cleaning or checkup, please call us today at 903-285-6369, so a member of our professional team can assist you.